Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fast and Easy Crockpot Recipes

I love using my crockpot.  Dinners are fast, easy, and delicious.  What I have recently started doing is creating lots of meals ahead of time this way I don't have to waste time thinking of what to eat and prepping the meal after I get home from work.  Before I head to the grocery store, I always make a list of what dinners I want to make for the next couple weeks.  This way I can make sure that I have all of the ingredients for all my crockpot meals-  you should always have a list before heading to the grocery store.  I even arrange my list by section in the grocery store (produce, dairy, ect), that way the trip goes much faster!  Anyways...  After getting home I prep all of my crockpot meals, put them in freezer bags, label them, and put them in the freezer.  It only took me 30 minutes to prep all of the meals below making it so much faster and easier to cook dinner the next week!

It is important to label your meals so that you know what exactly is in it and what day you prepped it on so that you know when it has expired.

Here are the meals I made below (two people):


Chicken Tacos:
  • two chicken breasts
  • 1 jar salsa (choose your favorite, I used my dads homemade salsa)
  • 1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning
  • chili, garlic, and onion powder to taste
Combine all ingredients and freeze.  When you are ready to eat it, let it cook on low for four hours until cooked. I always check my chicken with a thermometer to make sure it is done (165 F).  After the meal is cooked I like to shred it with a fork while it is in the crockpot. Serve with corn or flour tortillas and your favorite taco toppings!

BBQ Chicken:
  • two chicken breasts
  • 1/2 onion sliced
Homemade BBQ Sauce:
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
Combine the chicken, onion, and bbq sauce.  When you are ready to eat it, let it cook on low for four hours or until done.  Serve with your favorite side dish!  Also play with the BBQ sauce- add hot sauce to make it spicy, grape jelly for a more sweet sauce, or more vinegar to a bitter sauce.

Greek Vinaigrette Chicken 
  • two chicken breasts
  • greek vinegarette dressing 
Topping:
  • jar or spaghetti or pizza sauce
  • 8 oz feta cheese (more or less depending on how much you love feta)
  • 2 tsp baisil
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
Combine the greek vinagrette dressing and chicken breasts and freeze.  When you are ready to eat, let it cook on low for four hours or until done.  After the chicken is done drain the majority of the excess dressing but leave some so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.  After this is done mix the topping together and cover the chicken with it.  Let this mixture and the chicken cook until the topping is warm.  Serve with a light salad.  

Beef Stew

  • chunked beef for stew
  • 1/2 bag baby carrots
  • 1 online sliced
  • 3 russet potatoes chunked
  • 3 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 packets of beefy onion soup
  • Garlic salt and pepper to taste. 
Combine all of the ingredients and freeze.  When you are ready to eat, let it cook on low all day long.  Make sure to check your meat with a thermometer to make sure it is done.  Serve alone or with dumplings.

Enjoy!
  

always, nicole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment