Thursday, February 7, 2013

slow the fuck down...

so, i work as a coordinator in a special needs school and work privately with special needs families and i work my ASS off. being a coordinator means working with the students, the teachers, the parents, the other coordinators, and the BOSS. this is EXHAUSTING. i get so caught up in work, going a million miles an hour, i typically eat my salad over my computer.

because I LOVE my work so much, i tend to bring it home with me-much like most working humans. i then walk through the door to a stunningly handsome man, standing in the kitchen, shirtless, cooking me dinner and handing me a glass of wine. one would think i would then simply forget about the day and melt into my wonderful little paradise away from work...but nope. i find myself so riled up about work that i spend the next hour carrying on and when i finally black in, my wonderful boyfriend is patiently waiting for me to shut the fuck up.

we went through a rough patch when i wasn’t able to separate work and home...and it wasn’t pretty. not to say the delicious dinners and glasses of wine stopped, because he would never do that to me - but the conversation sucked ass.

so, now you may be wondering...why the hell is this broad telling me about her problems, we all have them...what the hell am I supposed to do!?

obviously you need to stop and smell the fucking roses.
this means...

  • take a sledgehammer to your television...yes, that right people. if you didn’t have a TV you may actually talk to each other and enjoy each others company...and if not, then take a sledgehammer to the company you keep.

  • enjoy that glass of wine...or vodka...or beer...just ENJOY it. go sit outside, away from the computer, away from the phone, away from the iPad, away from EVERYTHING. boy it’s a real bitch to actually do, but SO worth it. 

  • take the time to enjoy a real meal....set the table. light a candle. turn off the TV. try actually talking to the person/people at the table with you...who knows, maybe they’re actually fun to be around. 

  • go for a walk....go walk your dog, your bunny, your cat, your kid - I don’t give a shit what you walk, just do it. 

obviously you can’t do all of these things....unless you have no fucking life, in which case - do them all and own that shit and anything else you can think of!! i have managed to do quite a few of these on a regular basis and it sure can be a bitch to leave work at work, but just remember work will still be there in the morning.  

So, just remember people, SLOW DOWN and enjoy those around you. are the people you surround yourself with enhancing your life or making it a living hell? it may be a cold, hard, bitch slap of truth...but one that needs to be addressed before you find yourself preferring the company of electronic devices over actual humans (and ladies, a little support from your “device” every now and then is totally normal).

-bekka

No comments:

Post a Comment