Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Easy Dinner.

Let's put it frankly, thinking of what to make for dinner can be a fucking pain in the ass.  As a wife, I try to make my husband homemade meals every night that are ready when he gets home from work. To make this easier I try to plan out the meals ahead of time.  But, this doesn't always happen because no one is perfect and I am far from it.  So last night was one of those nights when I had nothing planned and did not feel like cooking.  So I thought about what sounded best to me- a nice comfort food- my grandmas mac and cheese.  Luckily for me, I was able to call her and get the recipe.

it's.so.easy. and delicious too! This recipe is perfect for those days when you don't want to spend a lot of time cooking and want something that everyone will like. 

Homemade Mac & Cheese - serves four
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons flour or - 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2-3 cups sharp cheddar cheese (depending on how cheesy you want it)
  • 3 cups elbow noodles (I used gluten free)
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • I also added a dash of garlic powder and worcestershire sauce 
While you are making the sauce have your noodles cooking so that they are ready to go. Melt your butter in a sauce pan and add the flour stirring consistently until it is completely combined.  Add your milk and mix throughly.  After this, add your cheese a little bit of the time until it is all completely melted and you have a thick cheesy sauce.  Then, after your noodles and sauce are done, combine the two and put them in a glass baking dish.  Add your spices, (you can also get crazy with it- add peppers, onions, bacon- whatever you want!). Bake for 15-20 mins at 350 F.

Enjoy!

always, nicole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment